Wednesday, August 31, 2011

UD and gordo hate the truth

gordo brought up the lunatic (Breivik) who killed a lot of people in Norway, and of course gordo did it in such a way as to demonize anyone (especially me) who doesn't kiss his sanctimonious ass. dmullenix responded (see below) but now his response has been deleted by a moderator at UD (no doubt at gordo's demand or by gordo himself). Lying and cover-ups on UD are just fine but the truth and reasonable questions are a definite no-no.

Here it is:

Regarding Breivik. Is reminding us of a right-wing Christian who murdered five dozen liberal teenagers supposed to intimidate me?

You’re from Jamaica originally, aren’t you? I vacationed in Ocho Rios a couple of decades ago and I remember the guide proudly telling us that Jamaica has more churches per capita than any other country in the world. Is this true?

I also noticed that I couldn’t find a newspaper at the hotel we stayed at and an employee told me that the manager didn’t allow them to be sold there. When I found one downtown, I saw why.

Would you like to comment on the murder rates for ultra-Christian Jamaica, excessively Christian America and Breivik’s relatively non-Christian Norway?

According to

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

the murder rates per 100,000 for the three countries are:

Jamaica 60 per 100,000

US 5.0 per 100,000

Norway 0.6 per 100,000

Do you have any explanation for why ultra-religious Jamaica’s murder rate is 12 times higher than merely super religious America’s which in turn is 8 times higher than nearly atheistic Norway’s?

I doubt if it’s guns. They’re nearly totally illegal in Jamaica and the US and Norway are both awash in firearms. I doubt it it’s poverty – Norway and America are about tied here. I doubt if it’s language or legal traditions. Jamaica and America are both scions of Great Britain.

What differences are there between these three countries aside from their religiosity.

I’m going to stop now before you heed the command of Jesus as quoted in Luke 19:27 and get a gun and come looking for me, but before I do I want to say that nobody on this blog whines about “oil of ad hominems”, “strawmen caricatures”, “distractive red herrings”, “willful misrepresentation, hostility and target-painting “ and “incendiary rhetoric” as much as you do and nobody holds a candle to you when it comes to indulging in those practices.

F/N Luke 19:27 “But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


dmullenix did not post the picture of gordo. I did.